Skilled Tech, Developer, Administrator and Security Analyst
This is Jack Szwergold’s technical portfolio and calling card.
- If you are interested check out my development skills—via actual code samples—please head over to my GitHub repository.
- I’ve also compiled a collection of tutorials and cheat sheets over the years; mainly for my own personal reference but for others as well.
Here are some simple projects I’ve done to stretch my skills and show off my front-end design and engineering skills:
- Mosaic: Dynamically generated image mosaics using record album artwork as the basis. Reload the page to view another random image.
- ASCII: Dynamically generated ASCII art images which were created using PHP, the GD graphics library, HTML and CSS. Reload the page to view another random image.
- Slider: This simple slider—which works well on desktop as well as mobile browsers—is something I created using jQuery and CSS3 WebKit extensions.
- Lexicon: A simple program that picks and displays random words and pseudo-words I find interesting.
- Instagram: Some experiments and explorations into the basic, “sandbox”-level of Instagram API access.
I’m a highly skilled software developer, Unix systems administrator and overall systems engineer with 20+ years of experience which includes a strong professional history in the art, publishing and non-profit world.
Excellent set of skills for DevOps as well as Level 2/3 support and related software development. Very comfortable working in the terminal console on Mac OS X, Ubuntu, Debian, RedHat, CentOS and Solaris environments. Can install/configure software packages from core repositories as well as compile binaries from source on most any platform. Adept at Unix/Linux shell scripting and other sundry programming languages, protocols and frameworks such as:
- HTML5, CSS3, XHTML, JSON, XML, YAML
- PHP (Flat and OOP, Zend, Codeigniter, Symfony and Laravel)
- Ruby (Flat and OOP, Ruby on Rails)
- Apache Cordova (Flat and Ionic Framework)
- MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB and other relational and non-relational database systems.
- Java, Elasticsearch, Solr, Nutch, Hadoop, etc…
I work primarily on the Ubuntu Linux and Mac OS X platforms but have deep experience with many different flavors of Unix/Linux spanning back to the early 1990s. So I can jump onto the terminal console and maneuvering around to get the job done regardless of OS.
- Email • email@example.com
- PGP Public Key • Is available here.
- Mail • P.O. Box 325, Village Station, NY 10014-0325
Here is a list of some online tech communities—as well as my LinkedIn profile and GitHub repository—you are free to check out if you wish.