Welcome to Jack Szwergold’s computer tech portfolio and calling card.
I am a skilled full-stack web developer, back-end tech, systems admin and software engineer with years of experience which includes a career history within the art, publishing and non-profit worlds.
- Here is a collection of tech cheat sheets I’ve compiled over the years.
- Check out my my GitHub repository if you care about such things.
- I’m an active contributor to Stack Overflow, Super User and Server Fault.
- And much like 99.9% of people out there doing this kind of work, I have a LinkedIn profile.
Great Full-Stack Web Developer
Skilled Back-End Tech
I am a real-world proven overall systems tech. DevOps-skilled, macOS/Linux systems experienced, adept at command line and related back-end skills. Shell scripting, Python, Apache, Nginx, Docker, MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, Java, Elasticsearch, Solr, Nutch, Hadoop and the like are the tools I know I how to use.
Experienced Web Server Consultant
I have deep and proven skills dealing the infrastructural “plumbing” of web servers and related systems. Domain names, DNS setup, site hosting and miscellaneous website hosting items are just some of the things I can deal with. DIY services like Squarespace, Wix and related shared hosting services are no problem for me.
Here are some simple projects I’ve done to stretch my skills and show off my front-end development and design skills:
- Mosaic: Dynamically generated image mosaics using record album artwork as the basis. Reload the page to view another random image.
- ASCII: Dynamically generated ASCII art images which were created using PHP, the GD graphics library, HTML and CSS. Reload the page to view another random image.
- Slider: This simple slider—which works well on desktop as well as mobile browsers—is something I created using jQuery and CSS3 WebKit extensions.
- Lexicon: A simple program that picks and displays random words and pseudo-words I find interesting.
- Instagram: Some experiments and explorations into the basic, “sandbox”-level of Instagram API access.
- Holiday Card 2016: My 2016 digital holiday card that uses WebKit animations.